Building Services (10147.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Saeed BANIHASHEMI (Ph: +61 2 62012766 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (187939) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178728) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165464) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit focuses on the provision of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) services to a building. It covers: air conditioning (heating, cooling, ventilating); electrical and alternate power; data services; gas supply; fire protection; vertical and horizontal transportation, water and alternate water supply, sustainable services, and building management systems.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the need for different types of MEP systems and which type of systems are appropriate in certain building situations;
2. Recognise the implications of building design for MEP service provision including appreciation of the design and construction for high efficiency and sustainable building services;
3. Illustrate services installation including fire safety and WHS; and
4. Manage the hand-over and commissioning processes for services.
3 hours per week consisting of 2 hour lecture and 1 hour computer laboratory.
7823 Building and Construction Studies 2