Technology Skills for Teaching 2 (B) (10106.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Kathy MANN (Ph: +61 2 62012467 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Kathy MANN (Ph: +61 2 62012467 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195865) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186892) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182480) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166202) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156901) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit advances the content knowledge and skill development from Technology Skills for Teaching 2A. Students will consolidate their technical skills for a specific technology specialisation and consider the impact of current issues for their professional practice in the vocational education and training environment.
Students will be required to complete the following practical and theory components:
Practical component: completion of practical application of industry/vocational qualification at UC partner school/s or approved training provider; attainment of a vocational certificate appropriate to their teaching specialisation; and
Theory component: academic studies in professional practice and active involvement in networking groups for vocational education and training in schools.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Consolidate technical skills in a particular technology or vocational area relevant to their teaching specialisation;
2. Apply technical skills to a limited range of projects in their teaching specialisation;
3. Apply communication and organisational skills specific to the vocational education sector in schools;
4. Evaluate the impact of current issues for professional practice in the vocational education and training environment; and
5. Demonstrate active involvement in networking groups for vocational subjects in schools.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
Four hour workshop and two hour tutorial per week.
Enrolment in 327JA or 328JA and completion of Technology Skills for Teaching 2A; or approval from course convener
8796 Acquisition of Vocational Skills 2 (part B)