Technology Skills for Teaching 2 (A) (10105.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Sandra HEANEY-MUSTAFA (Ph: +61 2 62015387 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Kathy MANN (Ph: +61 2 62012467 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193966) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186769) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182496) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165660) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156899) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is the first of two units in which students develop the required skills and contextual understanding for teaching specific technology specialisation within the Design and Technology or Vocational teaching area*. A key feature of this unit is the development of specific strategies to ensure safe and authentic learning experiences for classroom practice. Students will be required to complete a combination of practical and theoretical elements in their technology specialisation.
As a part of this unit, students will consider how the vocational education and training environment is experienced in secondary schools (for some technology areas this may also require a brief industry placement).
*specialised teaching area such as Engineering Production (Metals); Furniture making (Wood); Outdoor Recreation; or other specialisations as approved by the unit convener.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Develop up-to-date technical skills in a particular technology or vocational area relevant to their teaching specialisation;
2. Apply technical skills to a limited range of projects in their teaching specialisation;
3. Develop communication and organisational skills specific to the vocational education sector in schools;
4. Evaluate teaching strategies used in school-based vocational education and training;
5. Understand the relevance of the vocational education and training sector to schools and society; and
6. Appreciate the range of issues involved in teaching vocational subjects in schools.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Four hour workshop and two hour tutorial per week.
Enrolment in 327JA or 328JA; or approval from course convener
8795 Acquisition of Vocational Skills 2 (part A)