Engineering Project PG (10098.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Ahmed IMRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012198 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Ahmed IMRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012198 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192464) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185212) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190574) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is a major capstone project based upon skills attained in Information Science Research Methodology PG. This unit builds on the core units in network engineering OR software engineering and draws those various elements together to synthesize the theory and practice of network or software construction.
The unit uses a variety of tools and techniques to manage, design, analyse and implement high-quality practical information systems in a project typical of systems that exist in industry, government and small business.
Students will be guided to use these tools and techniques within a sound framework of software engineering or network engineering principles.
Project and quality management, and system design and implementation procedures, covered in earlier subjects are expected to be applied with emphasis on proper planning and control.
Project management reviews and usability evaluations, design and use of test data and procedures, and provision of high-quality interactive interfaces that are simple to use are expected.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse and construct the target project effectively and efficiently within a team;
2. Determine and generate the project management approach to implement a high-quality practical project;
3. Analyse and interpret the relations and interrelations among the different components of the project; and
4. Interpret and apply engineering and quality assurance principles in the software and systems development environment.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
Individual consultations by arrangement with unit convener.
6797 Information Science Research Methodology PG