Secondary Design and Technology PCK 1 (10094.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MRS Michaela VERGANO (Ph: +61 2 62015028 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193969) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186771) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182500) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165659) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156756) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is designed to develop a pre-service teacher's pedagogical content knowledge for Design and Technology teaching. The key elements of pedagogy and planning for diverse learners are examined and applied to the teaching of Design and Technology. Pre-service teachers will critically address how these elements can then be combined into effective classroom practice for addressing the requirements and philosophy of Design and Technology.
This unit is the first of two units dealing with Secondary Design and Technology PCK which includes a professional experience placement. In this unit students will engage in a placement for 15 days in a Secondary School providing the opportunity for pre-service teachers to demonstrate the ability to plan and teach for a sustained period of time consolidating their teaching skills.
On successful completion of this unit, student will be able to demonstrate that they have:
1. Acquired an understanding of key theoretical and pedagogical perspectives in the teaching of Design and Technology from Years 7-12;
2. Planned and designed Design and Technology lessons and units of work that may be suitable for the diverse social and cultural backgrounds and experiences of students;
3. Gained a familiarity with various Design and Technology curriculum documents and support materials from the ACT and NSW in relation to syllabus/frameworks/lesson design/monitoring of learning outcomes;
4. Gained understandings and skills in developing student literacy and numeracy through Design and Technology; and
5. Used and creatively integrated information and communication technologies (ICTs) to enhance student engagement and conceptual understanding of Design and Technology.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
Semester 1, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2018
3 hours face to face or equivalent including any online component.
Must have passed 36 credit points including 9919 The Educational Workplace AND 10425 Curriculum - Planning, Assessing & Reporting.