Engineering Mathematics (10087.3)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Julio ROMERO (Ph: +61 2 62068907 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Julio ROMERO (Ph: +61 2 62068907 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (203161) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193345) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (189780) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185155) - View
- UC College Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (182105) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182099) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (174471) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165658) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156753) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit aims to provide students with the mathematical knowledge and skills that are needed to support their concurrent and subsequent engineering studies. The unit includes the following topics: matrices, functions, complex numbers, limits and continuity (including sequences and series), differentiation and integration. The unit provides students with a sound knowledge of mathematical principles and ideas in software engineering. It also provides the students with the mathematical skills for everyday engineering practice. In addition, the unit promotes and strengthens important generic skills, such as communication, analysis and inquiry, problem solving, independent and group working, and professionalism and social responsibility. This unit may be co-taught with Engineering Mathematics G (10090).
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts of matrices, functions, differentiation and integration;
2. Solve basic engineering problems using pen and paper in simple situations, and computers in some more complicated ones;
3. Recognise the power of mathematical modelling and analysis; and
4. Analyse and solve problems of both theoretical and practical importance.
A 2-hour lecture and a 2-hour tutorial per week.
Year 12 mathematics.
8225 Engineering Mathematics 2 and 10090 Engineering Mathematics G.
- ETB001 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- 106JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering
- 344JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering (Honours)
- 322AA Bachelor of Information Technology
- 329JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing Technology Studies
- 560AA Bachelor of Software Engineering
- 838AA Bachelor of Software Engineering/Bachelor of Business Informatics
- 199JA Diploma of Design
- 346JA Diploma of Design (Extended)
- 353JA Diploma of Network and Software Engineering