Therapeutics 1 G (10078.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Diagnostic Pathology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (176114) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (164619) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (156701) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit material develops an understanding of the aetiology and pathophysiology of disease, diagnosis and its clinical management utilising evidence based medicine principles.
This unit is taught in combination with 9003 Clinical Therapeutics 1 and 9400 Clinical Therapeutics 1 G
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the aetiology, epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis, management and monitoring of the disease states covered;
2. Independently research answers to therapeutic questions using information resources and applying the principles of evidence-based medicine to the disease states covered;
3. Demonstrate an advanced understanding of diagnostic tests as applied to clinical disease conditions; and
4. Identify areas for future practice-based research.
3 hours per week
Undergraduate anatomy and physiology, Undergraduate microbiology AND Undergraduate biochemistry.