Human Diversity PG (10065.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Counselling|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS Milli BLENKIN (Ph: +61 2 62012110 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194176) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189286) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180054) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170350) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (159339) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit develops a critical understanding of human diversity and its importance for counselling practice. Skills for working with diversity and difference will be further developed.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Act responsibly, ethically and professionally as practitioners in the context of the counselling profession and their obligations to the community and society;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of ethical and professional practice;
3. Demonstrate a global perspective and respect for all aspects of diversity;
4. Communicate ideas and opinions effectively within a wide range of cultural contexts; and
5. Demonstrate appropriate skills in responding to diversity and difference.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- All Assignments in this unit are graded. In order to pass this unit, all assignments must be submitted and an overall mark of 50% or more must be reached. A pass mark must be reached in Assignment 3 to pass the unit. Assignment 1 – PowerPoint Presentation: Becoming a Global practitioner (30% )
- Assignment 2: Canvas Discussion Postings 1. Posting to Canvas Discussion 2. Reflective Evaluation (20% )
- Assignment 3:Case Study (50% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2020
Up to 150 hours per semester including attendance at on campus lectures and tutorials and participation in an online forum.
Must be enrolled in Master of Counselling 341JA or Graduate Diploma of Counselling 342JA or have permission from the Unit Convener.