Principles and Practice of Interdisciplinary Public Health PG (10063.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Ro MCFARLANE (Ph: +61 2 62063801 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Ro MCFARLANE (Ph: +61 2 62063801 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197279) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (188632) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (182970) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (164147) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (156076) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will expose students to the breadth of public health practice and practitioners through study of various public health workforce sectors and lectures from a broad range of public health practitioners drawn from health protection, health promotion and disease prevention. Both government and non-government sectors will be covered in this unit as will public health responsibilities undertaken by private sector workplaces. The international context of public health governance, infrastructure and practice are core to the MEPH degree.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply critical thinking skills to compare and contrast the scope of public health practice;
2. Review and analyse Principle and Practice of Interdisciplinary Public Health within varying contexts, e.g. national and international public health practice;
3. Critically analyse the work of the various public health professions and to understand the inter-relationships that assist this work; and
4. Present a coherent and sustained argument discussing issues of public health governance.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Up to 10 hours per week.