Managing Healthcare Organisations PG (10062.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (164450) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (156075) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit gives students an overview of Managing Health Care Organisations and organisation theory, drawing on areas that have particular relevance in the public health context.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse national and international health systems and understand system diversity;
2. Apply an integrated understanding of management definitions, functions and competencies;
3. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the roles of manager and leader within healthcare organisations;
4. Critically apply organisational theory to practical situations; and
5. Present a coherent and sustained argument on the role of public health within healthcare organisations.
Up to10 hours per week.