Health Risk Assessment and Communication PG (10059.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 PROF Shawn SOMERSET (Ph: +61 2 62015380 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 2 PROF Shawn SOMERSET (Ph: +61 2 62015380 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (164444) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 7, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (174090) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (174089) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 1, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (163319) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will focus on hazard identification, dose-response assessment, exposure assessment and risk characterisation.
Risk assessment, communication and evaluation of hazards.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply principles and methodologies used in risk assessment to identify and evaluate hazards in different situations;
2. Use planning, implementation and evaluation skills to design and conduct a simple environmental health impact assessment;
3. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the principles and methodologies employed in risk management; and
4. Present a coherent and sustained argument in analysing the methodologies used in risk communication and public participation.
Up to 10 hours online.