Communicable Disease Control PG (10053.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 PROF Shawn SOMERSET (Ph: +61 2 62015380 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (164325) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 7, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (174101) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (174100) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 1, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (163320) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will focus on the nature and scope of communicable diseases of public health significance, including epidemiology and control strategies.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically review the ecology, transmission and control of communicable diseases of public health importance;
2. Synthesise the principles of active and passive surveillance;
3. Apply review outbreak investigation principles to real world scenarios;
4. Present a coherent and sustained argument on the fundamentals of immunology and their relationship to the development of immunisation; and
5. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the challenges of disease control in different settings, nationally and internationally.
Up to 10 hours per week on-line, or intensive.