Ecological Public Health Practice (10010.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Jacki SCHIRMER (Ph: +61 2 62012785 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (200811) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (194132) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (188652) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (176177) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164006) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (155970) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will expose students to the breadth of public health practice and practitioners through study of various public health workforce sectors and lectures from a broad range of public health practitioners drawn from health protection, health promotion and disease prevention. Both government and non-government sectors will be covered in this unit as will public health responsibilities undertaken by private sector workplaces. This unit will better prepare students for their placement in the third year unit 8577 Health Program Planning and Development and will broaden their understanding of the work options open to them as graduates of the Bachelor of Public Health.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the breadth of options open to public health professionals;
2. Become familiar with working examples of public health practice;
3. Understand workplace expectations in relation to the variety of public health occupations studied; and
4. Critically analyse the work of the various public health professions and to understand the interrelationships that assist this work.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
3 hours contact per week.
8574 Public Health Systems and Policy 2.
Work Integrated Learning