Specialist Major in Digital Media (SM0076.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2021 End Date: Current Version
From the mobile phone to the game console, digital technology has revolutionised the way we communicate, learn and play. It's an area of the economy that's growing in importance and one which is predicted to see job growth into the foreseeable future. It is a specialist course that focuses on the essential practical knowledge needed to create complex interactive media. You'll gain up-to-date skills using industry-standard technologies in virtual and augmented reality, digital photography, digital audio, interactive fiction, video and animation to create digital media stories and experiences for the 21st century. You'll graduate with the expertise needed to find work in this flourishing creative industry and, more importantly, the knowledge that you can adapt to whatever the future holds.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11013 - Pixels and Polygons - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11130 - Media Worlds - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11131 - Space, Time and Form - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11132 - Engineering Reality - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11133 - Character Design and Animation - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11134 - Sound Design - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11135 - Real Time Environments - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11136 - Illuminated Bits - 3 cp, Level 3