Specialist Major in Health and Performance (SM0066.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2020 End Date: Current Version
This major provides students with the necessary theoretical and practical components necessary to be leaders in the area of health and human performance. Building upon knowledge gained in foundational units students will apply this knowledge to health and performance across a diverse range of areas including physical activity, nutrition and psychology.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 6839 - Sports Medicine - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7224 - Sport and Performance Psychology - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8257 - Nutritional Science - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8340 - Health, Disease and Exercise - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8913 - Motor Control and Skill Acquisition - 3 cp, Level 2
- 9280 - Introductory Nutrition - 3 cp, Level 1
- 10009 - Health Promotion Principles and Practice - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11548 - Advanced Topics in Physical Activity and Brain Health - 3 cp, Level 4