Specialist Major in Physiotherapy Practice (SM0064.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Physiotherapy
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2020 End Date: Current Version
This major provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to practice as a physiotherapist in a variety of contexts. It includes a focus on the theoretical building blocks required to accurately assess and treat a variety of conditions, as well as the practical application of physiotherapy skills in a patient-centred context. There is also a focus on professionalism, particularly in the authentic context of work-integrated learning.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 6834 - Biomechanics 1 - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8279 - Advanced Functional Anatomy - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8997 - Professional Practice in Health - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11540 - Essential Physiotherapy Skills - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11541 - Applied Physiotherapy Skills - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11542 - Clinical Physiotherapy 3 - 3 cp, Level 4
- 11543 - Clinical Physiotherapy 4 - 3 cp, Level 4
- 11544 - Clinical Physiotherapy 5 - 3 cp, Level 4