Specialist Major in Physiotherapy Interventions (SM0063.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Physiotherapy
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2020 End Date: Current Version
This major provides students with an understanding of the theory and concepts underpinning physiotherapy clinical reasoning. It develops knowledge gained from foundational units and applies this to physiotherapy practice across the three domains of physiotherapy practice: cardiothoracic, neurological and musculoskeletal physiotherapy. It also includes specific focus on specialist physiotherapy skills required in caring for patients across the lifespan, from paediatrics to aged care.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 8976 - Cardiothoracic Interventions 1 - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8977 - Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8979 - Cardiothoracic Interventions 2 - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8982 - Neurological Interventions 1 - 3 cp, Level 4
- 8983 - Neurological Interventions 2 - 3 cp, Level 4
- 8986 - Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11538 - Orthopaedic Physiotherapy - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11539 - Physiotherapy Across the Lifespan - 3 cp, Level 3