Specialist Major in Information Technology (SM0059.1)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Specialist Major in Information Technology has a balanced coverage of the General ICT Knowledge (information and communication technology) prescribed in the ACS CBOK (Australian Computer Society, Core Body of Knowledge), including Technical Resources, Technology Building and ICT Management ranging from the business side to the technical side. Together with the Program Core Major in Information Technology and Systems, this Specialist Major provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the broad ICT industry and the essential knowledge and skills needed to pursue careers in the industry or further study in relevant fields.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 4483 - Software Technology 1 - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6389 - Designing Human-Computer Interaction - 3 cp, Level 2
- 6698 - Discrete Mathematics - 3 cp, Level 1
- 7173 - Systems Project and Quality Management - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7175 - Web Design and Programming - 3 cp, Level 2
- 9281 - Enterprise and Cloud Computing - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11487 - Information Security - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11491 - Software Systems Architecture - 3 cp, Level 3