Specialist Major in Engineering Technology (SM0054.1)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Major in Engineering Technology has a balanced coverage of the Engineering as prescribed in EA stage 1 competencies, corresponding to knowledge and skill base areas, including comprehensive theoretical, conceptual and deep understanding, as well as the General ICT Knowledge (information and communication technology) prescribed in ACS CBOK (Australian Computer Society, Core Body of Knowledge), including Technical Resources, Technology Building and ICT Management ranging from the business side to the technical side. Together with the program core major (Major in Information Technology and Systems), this major provides graduates with a comprehensive understanding of the broad Engineering and ICT industry, and the essential knowledge and skills needed to pursue careers in the industry or further study in relevant fields.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 4483 - Software Technology 1 - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6698 - Discrete Mathematics - 3 cp, Level 1
- 8019 - Computer and Network Security - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8223 - Introduction to Computer Engineering - 3 cp, Level 1
- 8227 - Wireless Networks - 3 cp, Level 2
- 9788 - Contemporary IT & E Issues - 3 cp, Level 3
- 9789 - Technology and Engineering Management - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11484 - Network Architecture - 3 cp, Level 3