Specialist Major in Public Health (SM0041.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Public Health
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
This major contains the required units for the Public Health specialisation.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 7434 - Indigenous Health: Contemporary Issues - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8576 - Health Patterns of Disease - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8578 - Healthy and Sustainable Places - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8580 - Epidemiology and Principles of Research - 3 cp, Level 3
- 10008 - Global Health - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10010 - Ecological Public Health Practice - 3 cp, Level 2
Restricted Choice - 6 credit points as follows
- 1. From 2019 unit 5784 Community Dvl't Principles & Practice has been replaced by unit 11091 Advocacy & Influence: Shaping Public Opinion. Students who have passed 5784 do not need to undertake 11091.
- 2. From 2021 the unit code for Health Promotion Principles and Practice has changed from 10009 to 10455.
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.