Specialist Major in Information Technology (BIMT) (SM0038.1)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Major in Information Technology (BIMT) has a balanced coverage of the General ICT Knowledge (information and communication technology) prescribed in ACS CBOK (Australian Computer Society, Core Body of Knowledge), including Technical Resources, Technology Building and ICT Management ranging from the business side to the technical side. Together with the program core major (Major in Information Technology and Systems), this major provides graduates with a comprehensive understanding of the broad ICT industry and the essential knowledge and skills needed to pursue careers in the industry or further study in relevant fields.
This major is only available to students in ITB001 Bachelor of Information and Mainframe Technology.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 4483 - Software Technology 1 - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6348 - Information Systems in Organisations - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6389 - Designing Human-Computer Interaction - 3 cp, Level 2
- 6698 - Discrete Mathematics - 3 cp, Level 1
- 7173 - Systems Project and Quality Management - 3 cp, Level 3
- 9276 - Corporate Strategy and IT Governance - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11487 - Information Security - 3 cp, Level I
- 11488 - Security and Support in IT - 3 cp, Level B