Specialist Major in Nutrition Studies (SM0037.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition Studies) allows students to complete a range of foundation subjects to develop a sound scientific background in human nutrition including physiology, nutrition and food science. Students will also investigate the properties of food and nutrients and their impact on our physical, social, mental and environmental wellbeing. The different nutritional practices and the role guidelines play in society will also be explored. Students will gain specialist knowledge of the physiological, social, and epidemiological factors influencing diet-related diseases prevalent in societies today as well as across the lifespan and different populations.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 8251 - Food Science - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8253 - Nutrition Across the Lifecycle - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8255 - Nutrition and Disease - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8257 - Nutritional Science - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8259 - Nutrition, Society and Health - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8721 - Sports Nutrition - 3 cp, Level 3
- 9279 - Introduction to Food Science - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9280 - Introductory Nutrition - 3 cp, Level 1