Specialist Major in Economic Policy (SM0034.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
There are several distinctive features to the economics policy major. This major focuses on equipping students with the quantitative tools that have a direct use in the market place and are valued by prospective employers. The major focuses on developing intuition, critical thinking, and understanding of real world policy issues and economic solutions to these issues.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11209 - Economic Development - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11223 - Money, Employment and Growth - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11224 - Public Sector Economics - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11225 - Industries and Markets - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11226 - Managing the Economy - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11240 - Behavioural Science - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11246 - Introduction to Sociology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11329 - Environmental and Resource Economics - 3 cp, Level 2