Specialist Major in Financial Planning (SM0019.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
School of Business
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Want a career in financial planning? This major gives you a solid grounding in critical concepts and issues in the financial planning industry. This content is delivered using a practical focus, ensuring students are work ready by the time they graduate. Briefly, major topics include, assisting individuals prepare for retirement by developing basic strategies for wealth creation and protection, developing risk management strategies, and preparing best-practice Statements of Advice.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11215 - Business Finance - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11220 - Business Law - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11221 - Revenue Law - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11228 - Introduction to Personal Financial Planning - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11229 - Superannuation, Retirement and Estate Planning - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11230 - Investments and Portfolio Analysis - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11326 - Financial Institutions and Markets - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11327 - Financial Plans and Risk Management - 3 cp, Level 3
- Students in a double degree with Law will do an Open Elective instead of 1120 Business Law.