Specialist Major in Finance and Banking (SM0018.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
Canberra Business School
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Want a career in finance or banking? The major in finance and banking gives you a solid grounding in critical concepts and issues in the finance and banking industries. This content is delivered using a practical focus, ensuring students are work ready by the time they graduate. Briefly, major topics include, discounted cash flows, methods to price a range of financial instruments, such as shares and debentures, as well as derivatives, risk management techniques, credit assessment and managing risks in financial services firms.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11215 - Business Finance - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11227 - Econometrics - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11230 - Investments and Portfolio Analysis - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11231 - Risk Management in Financial Institutions - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11232 - Credit Analysis and Lending - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11233 - International Finance - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11234 - Derivatives - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11326 - Financial Institutions and Markets - 3 cp, Level 2