Specialist Major in Interaction Design (SM0011.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Interaction Design major helps students gain an understanding of human-centric interaction design principles, including key theories, concepts, tools and contemporary techniques to build human-centred systems. It focuses on how people engage with different digital technologies based on screen, mobile and virtual platforms. Students will complete a variety of projects to develop a body of work that demonstrates their creativity problems solving skills, and technological savvy. This major is specifically developed to meet high demand for interaction designers with an ability to envision innovative interactive products, systems, services and spaces in all industries.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11054 - Human Factors for Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11055 - Programming for Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11056 - Front-end Web Design - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11057 - Affective Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11058 - Back-end Web Development - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11059 - Tangible and Embodied Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11060 - Designing for Data Informed User Experience - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11061 - Social Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 3