Minor in Business & Government Foundation (G&P) (MN0203.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
School of Government & Policy
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2016 End Date: Current Version
This minor introduces students to key concepts and issues in governance, policy and public sector management.
- Required - Must pass 3 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - 9 credit points as follows
Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 6606 - Government-Business Relations - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8296 - Introduction to Politics and Government - 3 cp, Level 1*
- From 2018 students should take unit 8296 Introduction to Politics & Government instead of unit 6606. Students who are already required to take 8296 in their course may select an Open Elective instead.
Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 9799 - Foundations of Professional Planning - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11012 - Professional Orientation (Government and Policy) - 3 cp, Level B
- From 2018 students should complete unit 11012 Professional Orientation (Government & Policy) in lieu of unit 9799.
- Part C - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.
- 124JA.3 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- 145JA.3 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 148JA.3 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 183JA.2 Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy
- 188JA.2 Bachelor of Social Science
- 210JA.2 Bachelor of Public Administration
- 230JA.2 Bachelor of Australian Politics & Public Policy/Bachelor of Communication in Media & Public Affairs
- 237JA.2 Bachelor of Politics & International Relations/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 238JA.3 Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA.3 Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 943AA.3 Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 946AA.3 Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Management