Minor in Poetry (MN0121.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: Current Version
This minor focuses on the skills of poetic production and criticism with conceptual grounding in foundation level study of speech and performance, and experimental literature. Students come to understand the processes of poetic production, and the techniques and requirements of editing and critiquing one?s own productions, and those of others.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- 6881 - Poetry and the Imagination - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8139 - Literary Studies: Experimental Writing - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8143 - Literary Studies: Poetry/Criticism - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8148 - Speech and Performance - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8623 - Literary Studies: True Stories - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 9308 - Poetry and the Imagination - 3 cp, Level 3*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.