Minor in Professional Accounting (MN0114.2)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
Canberra Business School
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: Current Version
This minor is only available to students who are enrolled in the major in Accounting and is designed to meet the academic requirements for entry to CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.Students studying the Bachelor of Commerce through Hong Kong Baptist University are required to complete the units 8682 Hong Kong Taxation Law and 8681 Hong Kong Law of Business Associations to meet the accreditation requirements of HKICPA. Two Approved Electives (Hong Kong students only).
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Company Accounting (6391), Introduction to Business Law (4977)
Restricted Choice - 12 credit points as follows
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Part C - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- Hong Kong students may select two Approved Elective units.
- Note: Students studying B Commerce at HKBU are required to complete 8682 Hong Kong Taxation Law and 8681 Hong Kong Law of Business Associations to meet the accreditation requirements of HKICPA.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.