Minor in Physical Skills (Restricted) (MN0113.1)
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2017
The minor in Physical Skills is designed to allow students to develop a strong foundation of practical skills to underpin the pedagogical components of their studies. This minor is only open to Bachelor of Education students. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: Enrolment in Bachelor of Education.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- 5965 - Acquisition of Skills 1 - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6833 - Motor Control - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6840 - Advanced Coaching Studies - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7561 - Acquisition of Skills 4 - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8021 - Acquisition of Skills 3 - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8189 - Acquisition of Skills 2 - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8380 - Physiological Exercise Mechanisms and Conditioning - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8388 - Introduction to Coaching Science - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8911 - Exercise Programming and Prescription - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8912 - Sport Coaching Principles - 3 cp, Level 1
- 8913 - Motor Control and Skill Acquisition - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8914 - Sport Coaching Pedagogy - 3 cp, Level 2
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.