Minor in Teacher Education (Conversion) (Restricted) (MN0102.2)
Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 31/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2017
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2011
This minor is designed to develop students' educational background and requisite skills to manage working in an educational setting. It provides an integral approach to working with children in teaching and learning contexts. Students have a restricted choice for three of the four units in this minor. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: Enrolment in Bachelor of Education - Conversion course.
- Required - Must pass 3 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 9 credit points from the following
- 4782 - Education Foundations - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6577 - Indigenous Education: What Works - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6732 - Promoting Positive Learning Environments - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6889 - Socio-Cultural Politics of Education - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 6895 - Information Technology and Education - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8828 - Teacher as Researcher ECP - 3 cp, Level 4*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.