Minor in Social Control (MN0094.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
Canberra Law School
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: Current Version
This minor provides an introduction to the problem of social order, and how it is managed in different societies. It is designed for students from a wide range of courses, including journalism, psychology, management, teaching, nursing and arts.
- Required - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- 6592 - Comparative Criminology - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6603 - Violence, the Nation-State and Terrorism - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6605 - Young People and Crime - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 7032 - Gender and the Australian Legal System - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7087 - Sociology of Technology and Work - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8523 - Women and the Law - 3 cp, Level 2*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.