Minor in Professional Experience (Early Childhood/Primary) (Restricted) (MN0085.2)
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2017
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2011
Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) must complete the 12 credit point minor after completing four practicum units at CIT as part of the Diploma Children's Services. This minor is only open to those students undertaking the undergraduate Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) four year degree. This minor is designed to give students experience in a variety of educational settings within Early Childhood. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: Completion of the Diploma of Community Services (Children's Services).
- Required - Must pass 9 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 7148 - Literacy and Learning Difficulties - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7149 - Mathematics and Learning Difficulties - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7150 - Scaffolding Literacy Education - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7151 - Students with Severe Disabilities - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7152 - Teaching English as a Second Language - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7153 - Early Intervention - 3 cp, Level 4*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.