Minor in Applied Statistics (MN0005.1)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: Current Version
This minor develops the skills needed to apply statistical procedures in the workplace with confidence and understanding. Topics available include econometrics, forensic statistics, nonparametric statistics; survey design and analysis; experiment design and analysis; regression modelling; and multivariate statistics.
Assumed knowledge: familiarity with mathematics at Year-12 level.
Note: Students who have included the unit Business Statistics elsewhere within their courses requirements, should substitute the unit Mathematical Methods for the unit Introduction to Statistics in this Minor in order to avoid a large overlap of content.
- Required - Must pass 3 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 9 credit points from the following
- 6541 - Econometrics - 3 cp, Level 3
- 6542 - Experiment Design and Analysis - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6544 - Multivariate Statistics - 3 cp, Level 3
- 6545 - Nonparametric Statistics - 3 cp, Level 3
- 6546 - Regression Modelling - 3 cp, Level 3
- 6547 - Survey Design and Analysis - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7904 - Forensic Statistics - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 10222 - Biostatistics - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11227 - Econometrics - 3 cp, Level 2
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.