Major in Indigenous Studies (MJ0311.1)
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
This unit set has been developed by the Program Director for Secondary Education (Dr Duncan Driver) in consultation with the Faculties of Arts and Design and Business, Government and Law. It aligns closely to the Subject Content Knowledge Requirements for the appropriate discipline identified by the New South Wales Education Standards Authority. It requires students to undertake 18 credit points of study over six 3 credit point units, with a maximum of 6 credit points (two units) at Level One. It has been carefully composed to ensure both depth and breadth of study in the discipline area for Secondary teaching purposes.
This major is only available to students in the Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education) courses.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 11122 - Indigenous Cultures and Digital Contexts - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11123 - Decolonising the Museum - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11126 - Indigenous Ways of Knowing - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11128 - Connections to Country - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11186 - Service Systems, Transformation and Wellbeing - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11190 - Indigenous and Cultural Entrepreneurship - 3 cp, Level 3