Major in Civil Engineering (Restricted) (MJ0304.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2017 End Date: Current Version
This major covers the fundamentals of civil engineering as part of the Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology. Students completing the major will possess and apply the broad and coherent theoretical knowledge and skills of the fundamentals in the field of civil engineering. They will be able to recognise and apply the use of appropriate techniques, tools and resources fitting to civil engineering, to undertake problem solving, engineering design and develop conduct engineering projects.
Students completing this Major must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 10243 - Engineering Fundamentals - 3 cp, Level 1
- 10244 - Engineering Surveying - 3 cp, Level 1
- 10246 - Geoscience - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10247 - Environmental Engineering - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10249 - Civil Design and Drafting - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10251 - Municipal Engineering - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10252 - Road Design - 3 cp, Level 3
- 10254 - Engineering Project - 3 cp, Level 3