Major in Building Information Modelling (MJ0303.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2017 End Date: Current Version
This major is designed to develop student's skills and understanding of the requirements of building information modelling in the construction industry. Students will begin with units introducing them to design drawing and elementary 3D drawing. Students will learn the use of digital design methods and processes, using a variety of appropriate software applications. Expertise in the documentation of projects to a professional level of presentation will be developed. Finally, students will develop a conceptual and practical understanding of how buildings and other structures may be designed, procured, costed, project managed to completion and maintained using 3D and other integrated technology.
Students completing this Major must be enrolled in a degree from the Discipline of Built Environment. Students not enrolled in a cognate discipline will not have the required additional skills to successfully complete this Major.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 8322 - Visual Representation - 3 cp, Level 1
- 8330 - Digital Environment - 3 cp, Level 1
- 10144 - Building Information Modelling - 3 cp, Level 3
- 10245 - Structural Design and Drafting - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10250 - Structural Steel Design and Technology - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10253 - Concrete Design and Technology - 3 cp, Level 3