Major in Sport and Exercise Psychology (MJ0294.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2016 End Date: Current Version
The major in sport and exercise psychology provides students with a sound knowledge of the theory and applications of sport and exercise psychology via a systematic program of study. The major commences with an introduction to key background psychological theories, before proceeding to units with an applied focus offering detailed study in specific areas of sport psychology, exercise psychology, and health psychology.
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 4309 - Psychology 101 - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 4310 - Psychology 102 - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 7124 - Motivation and Emotion - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7224 - Sport and Performance Psychology - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8736 - Health Psychology and Behaviour - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10011 - Resilience and Decision Making - 3 cp, Level 3
- 10012 - Sport and Exercise Psychology - 3 cp, Level 1
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.