Major in Software Engineering (BIT) (18cp) (Restricted) (MJ0293.1)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2017 End Date: Current Version
The Software Engineering major provides a good understanding of computer systems and methods of designing and developing software. Through this major, students develop an understanding of Software Engineering issues, and will be able to design and develop software in important modern languages. They will be able to maintain software systems and write applications of moderate complexity.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Enrolment in Bachelor of Information Technology course.
Required - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
- 4478 - Introduction to Information Technology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 4483 - Software Technology 1 - 3 cp, Level 1
- 7175 - Web Design and Programming - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8745 - Software Systems Architecture - 3 cp, Level 2*
- From 2019 the unit code for Software Systems Architecture has changed to 11491.
Restricted Choice - 6 credit points as follows
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.
- 277JA.4 Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 322AA.7 Bachelor of Information Technology
- 799AA.5 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 815AA.6 Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Commerce
- MGIT01.1 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGIT02.1 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology