Major in Science, Technology and Mathematics Education (MJ0280.2)
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2018 End Date: Current Version
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2016 End Date: 31/12/2017
This major addresses issues relevant to todays educational environment. Primary Schools across the country are desperately short of specialists who understand and are skilled in matters relating to Science, Technology and Mathematics. It is critical that primary schools now are able to utilise the skills of teachers have a well-regarded set of skills in, and an understanding of, these essential Key Learning Areas. Primary teachers also need to be well-equipped with a working knowledge and pedagogical skills for all the Key Learning areas so that the science, technology and mathematics areas can be successfully integrated across the various curricula.
- Required - Must pass 15 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 9878 - Information and Communication Technology Literacy - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 10450 - Ways of Knowing, Being and Doing in Education - 3 cp, Level 1
- From 2021 unit 9878 has been replaced by unit 10450. Students who have passed 9878 do not need to pass 10450.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.