Major in New Venture Development (Restricted) (MJ0270.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
Canberra Business School
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2015 End Date: Current Version
The Major in New Venture Development provides students with the specific skills, guidance and opportunity they require to develop and launch their own new ventures, or, lead and grow existing ventures. In this major, students will apply the skills and understanding they?ve developed through their completed units of study, providing the opportunity to test their assumptions and skills in real market scenarios. Through this process students will cement their understanding of the practical importance of each discipline they have explored in their course, providing the first-hand experience that builds further understanding required to excel as an entrepreneur within industry. Through this major, students will progressively develop their ventures, creatively responding and improving to the real outcomes and results they witness, working towards the ultimate goal of a sustainable venture that can be launched post-graduation.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 9939 - Applied Entrepreneurship - Concept Development and Validation (6cp) - 6 cp, Level 2
- 9941 - Applied Entrepreneurship - Fundraising and Pitching (6cp) - 6 cp, Level 3*
- 9942 - Applied Entrepreneurship - Promotions and Launch (6cp) - 6 cp, Level 3*
- 9962 - Applied Entrepreneurship - Pilot Development and Implementation (6cp) - 6 cp, Level 2*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.