Major in Network Engineering (MJ0262.1)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2015 End Date: Current Version
The Major in Network Engineering focuses on the design of distributed and networked solutions. This is a required major in the Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering. Graduates will be able to design, build and configure modern network and networked applications.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 4483 - Software Technology 1 - 3 cp, Level 1
- 8019 - Computer and Network Security - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8227 - Wireless Networks - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8741 - Introduction to Network Engineering - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 9428 - Network Architecture - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 9789 - Technology and Engineering Management - 3 cp, Level 3
- From 2019 the unit code for 8741 Introduction to Network Engineering has changed to 11485 and for 9428 Network Architecture to 11484.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.