Major in Quantity Surveying (Restricted) (MJ0247.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2017 End Date: Current Version
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2014 End Date: 31/12/2016
The Major in Quantity Surveying is a valuable way for students undertaking the Bachelor of Building and Construction Management to add a further discipline to their skill set. Quantity Surveying skills and knowledge are highly valued professional capabilities of graduates in the building and construction sector, and this study program provides career opportunities for graduates in this field, with graduates having already gained employment as estimators and quantity surveyors.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
This major is restricted to students enrolled in Bachelor of Building and Construction Management, 976AA. Units in this major have pre-requisites, including the following: 8518 Building and Construction Studies 1, 7823 Building and Construction Studies 2, 7827 Building and Construction Law, 4977 Introduction to Business Law, 5617 Accounting for Managers.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 6349 - Entrepreneurship - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6353 - Project Evaluation and Management - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6355 - Introduction to Economics - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6392 - Business Finance - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7826 - Estimating and Measurement 2 - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7829 - Contract Administration - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8519 - Estimating and Measurement 1 - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8527 - Construction Procurement - 3 cp, Level 2*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.