Major in Computing Technology Teaching (Software Design and Development) (Restricted) (MJ0244.1)
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2013 End Date: Current Version
This major is for students wishing to qualify to teach Computing Technology (Software Design and Development) in secondary schools. Students must also complete the required Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice units in Design and Technology.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
This major is restricted to students enrolled in course 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 4478 - Introduction to Information Technology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 4483 - Software Technology 1 - 3 cp, Level 1
- 5531 - Introduction to Software Engineering - 3 cp, Level 1
- 5915 - Database Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 7167 - Security and Support in IT - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7170 - Software Technology 2 - 3 cp, Level 2
- 7171 - System Software - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7175 - Web Design and Programming - 3 cp, Level 2
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.