Major in Sport Business (Restricted) (MJ0236.1)
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
The objective of this Major is to provide students with an understanding of business principles and knowledge necessary in being a competent sports manager in the professional era. Students will be required to undertake business orientated units in the areas of Accounting, Industrial Relations and Law as well as Marketing Research and Politics. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: Restricted to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Sports Management delivered at UC Melbourne campus.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 18 credit points from the following
- 4977 - Introduction to Business Law - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 5617 - Accounting for Managers - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6372 - Marketing Research Methods - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7052 - Sports and the Law - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7140 - Industrial Relations in Sport - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7977 - Business, Politics and Sport - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 9367 - Sport Business - 3 cp, Level 3
- 9375 - Strategic Sport Management - 3 cp, Level 2
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.