Major in Early Years Learning (Restricted) (MJ0229.1)
Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2015
This major is designed to develop students' professional knowledge, practice and engagement as teachers. It connects theory and practice in designing, implementing and evaluating teaching and learning that is effective for all students. The major includes professional experience in early childhood education settings. Prerequisite and/or Corerequisite: Bachelor of Education Option 2.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 7150 - Scaffolding Literacy Education - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7151 - Students with Severe Disabilities - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7153 - Early Intervention - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7335 - Early Childhood Context and Issues - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7336 - Early Childhood Development and Pedagogy - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 7840 - Learning with Technology - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8828 - Teacher as Researcher ECP - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 8866 - Curriculum, Pedagogy and Practice 4 (ECP) - 3 cp, Level 4*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.