Major in Primary Health (MJ0224.1)
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Nursing
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2018
This major will allow students to develop a coherent learning experience of primary health through a series of units where the tenets and determinants of health are explored. The major may be of interest to those persons who will be working with varied groups of people in their practice or within educational settings. Students are advised to undertake the units sequentially through levels of study. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: None
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 7434 - Indigenous Health: Contemporary Issues - 3 cp, Level 2
- 9043 - Contexts of Health and Wellbeing - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 9044 - Introduction to Mental Health - 3 cp, Level 2
- 9055 - Primary Health Care - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 9058 - Evidence Based Health Care - 3 cp, Level 3
- 9064 - Mental Health for Practice - 3 cp, Level 3
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.