Major in Key Learning Areas (Restricted) (MJ0208.1)
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2015
This major includes discipline-specific curriculum and pedagogy studies selected areas of the school curriculum. It prepares students to design, implement and evaluate teaching and learning in the different learning areas. Restricted to students enrolled in Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Education (Graduate Entry).
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Restricted to students enrolled in Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Education (Graduate Entry).
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 4796 - Literacy for Teachers - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 4802 - Reconstructing Maths Understanding - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6890 - Arts Education 2 - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6893 - Health and Movement Education 2 - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7985 - Social and Environmental Education 2 - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7987 - Science and Technology Education 2 - 3 cp, Level 4*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.