Major in General Educational Studies (Restricted) (MJ0207.1)
Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2015
This major includes general education studies reflecting the diversity of education. This major expands the professional knowledge and practice and of students preparing to teach in schools or early childhood settings. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: Restricted to students enrolled in Bachelor of Education.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Restricted to students enrolled in Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Education (Graduate Entry).
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 7150 - Scaffolding Literacy Education - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7151 - Students with Severe Disabilities - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7152 - Teaching English as a Second Language - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7153 - Early Intervention - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7840 - Learning with Technology - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8828 - Teacher as Researcher ECP - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 8866 - Curriculum, Pedagogy and Practice 4 (ECP) - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 9274 - Advocacy for Change - 3 cp, Level 1*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.