Major in Industrial Technology (Construction) Teaching (MJ0204.1)
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/07/2013 End Date: Current Version
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 30/06/2013
This major is for students wishing to qualify to teach Industrial Technology (construction) in secondary schools. Students must also complete the required Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice units in Design and Technology. Students wishing to qualify to teach Industrial Technology as a first teaching area would normally also complete the Major in Design and Technology Teaching. Students who have completed 8793 Acquisition of Vocational Skills 1a (part A) & 8794 Acquisition of Vocational Skills 1a (part B) as part of the Major in Design and Technology Teaching must complete: 8317 3D Digital Design 2.1, 8331 Emerging Design Technologies.
- Required - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must select 1 of the following
- Students who have completed units 8793 and 8794 Acquisition of Vocational Skills 1 (parts A & B) in the Major in Design & Technology Teaching must select Option A. All other students select Option B.
- Option A - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- Option B - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.